Following recent events, we have undertaken a serious review of the Barrhead Rainbow Run event plan. We are working closely with our security partners and Police Scotland to implement additional measures to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the event for all participants.
If you are taking part in the event itself, we ask you to please take note of the following and be patient on the day as registration may take slightly longer than anticipated.
- Please arrive at the event at least 30minutes before your allotted start time to allow for additional security checks. The event arena will open at 09:15.
- The ONLY entrance to Carlibar Park will be via Carlibar Road. The McGill's Bus Services open-top bus will offer a free drop off service here from various locations around Barrhead town centre.
- Carlibar Park will be CLOSED to non-ticket holders from 06:00-17:00 on Saturday 10 June. Centenary Park will be open to all and will feature various funfair rides and entertainment. You may however notice an increased security presence here.
- Please do not bring any bags to the event. There will be no locker facility in the event and bags are not permitted on the course.
- Stay tuned to the all about Barrhead Facebook page for further important updates.
Please also note that online ticket sales (available here: http://bit.ly/2psn3sB) have been extended and will close at 18:00 on Friday 9 June. You will not be able to purchase tickets on the day.
These measures are in place to ensure everyone feels safe to enjoy the event and we thank you for your cooperation. We encourage the community of Barrhead to come out in force to celebrate our town on the day.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com