The outgoing Steering Group is now seeking nominations from those eligible businesses (all eligible levy payers) located within the BID area to create a the BID Board of Directors. There will be 12 on the Board, with 1 representatives from both East Renfrewshire Council and Police Scotland. The Steering Group would like to encourage a representative mix of Board members that includes the following business categories: Independent Businesses, National Organisations, Leisure and Hospitality, Retail, Non Retail, Beauty and Leisure, Charitable Organisations, Professional and Financial, Business located across Main St, Westbourne Centre and Cross Arthurlie Street.
Business representatives are invited to nominate themselves for a place on the new BID company Board. Whatever the size of your business, or whether you are the owner of a Barrhead BID area businesses or a manager of a ‘multiple’ business (with its headquarters elsewhere in the UK) we want to hear from you. If you share the BID’s vision for a vibrant town centre with an engaged and involved business community. Please take the time to complete the form, secure a ‘proposer’ for your nomination and return it to Laura Molloy BID Coordinator no later than 29th July 2016.
A seat on the BID Board of Directors will involve active participation and involvement in all aspects of delivering the content of the BID Business Plan for a period of at least 3 years. It will require attendance at a minimum of 12 meetings per year and you will be representing all the businesses located in the BID area.
If more nominations are received than the allocated number of places then a meeting will be held where those wishing to be stand as Directors can briefly present their case to those in attendance and a vote will then take place. If insufficient nominations are forthcoming, then the Board will have the right to co-opt eligible persons onto the board.
You can view the nomination forms here, and letters have been posted to all member businesses on Fri 22nd July. If you would like a form emailed to you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Laura on 07790 994 981.
Being a Board Members means you have responsibility for:
• Oversight of the delivery of projects and services laid out in the Barrhead Business Plan
• Ensuring that the Company is operated in an effiicent and effective manner
• Ensuring proper financial management and transparent decision making
• Decision-making relating to applications for grants made to the BID (e.g. shop frontage scheme, sustainable transport, marketing and events grants etc).
• Monitoring performance of the BID company against its objectives and publishing the Company’s Annual Report(s)
• Making amendments to the projects delivered, should new opportunities or changes in circumstances arise in the best interests of the whole business community.
• The strategic direction of the BID
• Signing and adhering to an agreed Code of Conduct relating to the position of a Director on the BID Board, including completing a Register of Interests on taking up the position.
Accountable to: the Membership of the Company and all BID Levy Payers
Terms: The positions on the Board will be voluntary and unpaid and Directors will be expected to attend all Board Meetings. Any Board member not attending 3 or more meeting will be asked to step down. All Board members must be fully paid up members of the BID
What skills will I need?
Above all the BID Board needs people with a passion and enthusiasum for Barrhead and improving the local trading environment for the benefit of the town centre.
Desirable skills on the Board will include:
• Financial management/accountancy
• I.T. and social media
• Legal services
• Planning /facilities
Should you require more details on the responsibilities involved with being a BID Board Director, please feel free to contact Laura Molloy, BID Project Co-ordinator on 07790 994 981 or Paul Santi or email email@example.com