2nd Nov Steering Group Meeting Minutes

The Steering Group for the Barrhead BID meet as often as is required to develop the BID. Their meeting minutes are shared online and the latest can be viewed below.

Attendees: Laura Molloy, Rena McGuire, Sharon O’Rourke, Brian MacMillan, Paul Santi, Sara Park Patterson, Jeanette Park Patterson, Doreen Rennick, Bud Gauld, John Park.
Apologies: Linda Cummin

Venue: The Knitting Bee

Agenda
Draft business plan update:
LM reported on contact with large National and Civil Organisations' eligible rate payers in BID area.
Meeting with Health Centre Tue 03.11.15, will recommend supporting the BID.
Draft will not be ready before end Nov due to work on Christmas event.

Christmas event:
Radio promotion
Pulse FM will run a second interview with some of the team to talk about Christmas event on 19th Nov at 9.20am

Volunteers
2 volunteers have come forward to help at the stage on the day – DR contact.
Additional volunteers required for elf helpers (x 2) at the grotto and with Santa’s Sleigh
Marketing volunteer to work with PS and LM on delivering posters, postcards and Santa’s hats to businesses. Also to distribute school bag drops, banners and large posters to Asda and Tesco.

Santa’s Sleigh
Need update from Linda on progress on Santa, tow and driver and decorations.

Barrhead News are running a competition for a family to do the switch on.

Grotto
Barrhead Timber have donated a grotto.
Brian MacMillian will be responsible for decorating it. Chairs required for santa and visitors. LM can provide a large chalk board to mark on donation and charities. Donation of £1 per child agreed.
LM to contact Barrhead Food Bank and East Renfrewshire Woman’s Aid, to say all proceeds will be shared between them.
Doreen Rennick will wear Mrs Claus costume.
Sharon will bring Santa costume. John Park to ask contact to be Santa in grotto 12-4pm.

Treasure Hunt
Brian MacMillian had entry box he can provide
Santas to be placed in shops on the Fri before.

Stalls
Low on numbers. All hands on deck to get as many as possible Will assess at next meeting to see if we need to cancel deliver of some stalls.

Christmas Tree
Need update from Asda on progress of electricity supply.
LM to purchase white outdoor lights.

Stage
Rundown of acts provided to Doreen by Sharon O’Rourke
Ask church opposite if we could store any materials with them for the day or allow people to get changed from costumes.

Barrhead Businesses
Give each business in BID area a postcard of info on the BID and a santa hat to ear on the day and poster for their window.
Do follow up survey on any % uplift, feedback, impact on business.

Infrastructure
Barriers being delivered Fri 27th picked up on Mon
Need to check with position of large bins and toilets at Asda.

Next meeting 

Mon 16th Nov

Showing 2 reactions

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.

connect

get updates