Information meeting for individuals from Barrhead Town Centre interested in joining the Steering Group members
Venue: Voluntary Action
Date: Wed 24th Sept 2014
Time: 5.30pm- 6.30pm
To provide insight into BIDs and allow you to ask any questions. You can then decide if you would like to join the steering committee.
Laura Molloy Project Co-ordinator
Bill Harvey BID Scotland
John Hamilton President ERCC
Chris Waters Card World and Poundland
Paul Santi New Yorker
Bjorn Aaen Subway
Brian MacMillan F&M Hairdressing
You can down load a copy of the presentation here
The group were presented with the following;
- Video from Giffnock BID classic car event
- SWOT information from a Barrhead town Centre Benchmark study 2013
- Overview of LDA plans for Barrhead
- Examples of other BID activity
- Outline of BID process
LM explained the consultative nature of a role on a developing BID Steering Group, it decision making function for the development of the business plan, and the responsibilities of the local authority.
Each business representative was invited to join the steering group and act as the initial contacts for other town centre based businesses.
- ERC to develop the database of voters/ rate payers and proprietors
- Police and the local housing association will be approached to join the steering group by LM
- Local contacts for the businesses were requested to be made by the group but there were concerns over the time required to do this, but happy for their contact details to be shared
- On receipt of the database LM to send an open invite to a public meeting with the details of the initial pre-steering group members stated above
- Public meeting with the objective of it being a consultative exercise on the issues and concerns in Barrhead town centre and an open invite to join the steering group.
The attendee agreed to have their contact details shared on the open letter and will be sent it beforehand to approve. The group agree that as broad a mix as possible should be sought for the steering group, including public sector, nationals, police and store's from across the geography.