16th Nov Steering Group Minutes

The Steering Group for the developing Business Improvement District meet as often as necessary and publish the minutes here.  As we are holding a large Christmas Fayre in the town centre on 28th Nov we are meeting every 2 weeks or more until after the event.

 Barrhead Christmas Fayre flier

Minutes from 16th Nov 2015 meeting;

Apologies: John Park, Liz Sutherland
Please note Liz Sutherland has resigned from the steering group due to personal and work commitment. She continues to support the BID.

Attendees: Laura Molloy, Sharon O’Rourke, Doreen Rennick, Bud Gauld, Sara Park Patterson, Zhada Robertson, Paul Santi, Brian MacMillan, Linda Cummin, Diane Allan, Rena McGuire
Volunteer Megan plus 1 attended also.

Venue Asda, 6.30pm Mon 16th Nov.

Christmas demonstration event planning meeting:

Fun fair
Will set up on Fri 27th in Tesco. Certs to be sent to S O’R this week. Notify them about time they can get onsite on Sat 28th.

Volunteers
7 volunteers confirmed for the event (Elves) 1 of which is confirmed for Grotto (costume provided)
Asda have provided 8 elf costumes
1 volunteer for marketing distribution. This is taking place this week.
2 santas confirmed. S O’R to bring Santa and Mrs Claus costume to next meeting.

Tree
Lights supplied by LM and are with Asda.
BG will assist with set up of lights if required.
LM contacted EdenMill about water in manhole.
DA to request FM manager contact Eden Mill for electrical supply and lights installed as matter of urgency.

Marketing
Banners, posters, postcards, fliers all distributed this week.
School bag drop completed Fri 13th
LM to run an additional Facebook promotion.
LM sent email campaign with arrangements to all email database Mon 16th Nov.
PS to source videographer for the day.

Donations
All donations from grotto to be given to Barrhead Food Bank and Barrhead Women’s Refuge.
LM to contact.

First Aid
LM to book ASAP. Quote from St Andrews high.

Set up
PS to request use of storage from Church opposite
PS and LM to bring balloon pump to event
BMacM Purchase lights for inside Grotto
SPP Stalls to be reduced to 20.
Final site meeting Wed 3pm LM DA S O’R plus suppliers.
S O’R to contact Loo King/ FMX/ Pulse/ Stalls provider about kerb at access.
Fri 27th
Bins 3pm
Railings and cones 4pm (PS to cone off parking in front of pedestrian concourse)
Sat 28th
Stalls, stage, toilets, rides, activites all in place by 11am latest.
Police notified and 4 to attend
Asda are will be cleared up after event by event manager and SG members.

Next Meeting
All Steering group members and volunteers to attend final planning meeting on Mon 23rd Nov 6.30pm F&M HAIRDRESSING

Showing 2 reactions

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.

connect

get updates